App says motion detector activated when it's not

Just installed an IQ Panel 4 and so just getting going with it.

The only problem so far is the app indicates the motion detector is activated and won’t change to Closed or Inactive, whatever it is for motion detectors. But the panel has it right. On the panel the motion detector is not activated.

About to take a trip and concerned it’s going to trigger an operator to call while I’m in the air.

It’s the IQ Motion Detector QS1231-840

It also seems to be not acting right in that the red light doesn’t come on when I walk by or wave my hand in front of it.

Thanks!

Motion detectors will show as activated in ADC even after the motion has stopped. I’m not exactly sure how long that is, but it won’t set off the alarm unless the panel itself detects it again.

And now it says “Idle.” But it was activated for a long time when no one was even in the house. Any advice on what to do if this happens in the future (panel saying one thing and app saying another for a very extended multiple hours/days length of time)?

It’s just that the panel and the app were saying different things. The app was not accurate for a long time.

The amount of time it says activated is fairly long. I believe ADC does this to avoid filling up the activity log with a bunch of motion events. The alarm panel itself should keep the correct motion status though. The motion activated status in ADC doesn’t trip any alarms on its own.

That makes sense. And good to know the motion doesn’t cause a response on its own. Still figuring all this out. Appreciate it.

Just confirming that there is a delay when a motion detector is activated. This only applies to normal activity monitoring. Alarm signals, trouble reports, etc., aren’t affected, nor does it change how the sensor behaves locally. So the sensor can be tripped locally at the system, but in terms of disarmed activity in Alarm.com the activity list just shows if motion has occurred on that sensor recently.

There is a similar delay for contact sensors reporting the same open status again, but that is 3 minutes.