App not refreshing

The SuretyCam/alarm.com app appears not to be refreshing data from or to the system.

This account looks to have very poor signalling currently. The first thing to try is to completely power down the system, leave the system powered down for 2-3 full minutes, then power back up. When the panel reboots, wait a couple minutes then run a cell test from the panel.

Is the test successful? What signal strength is reported?

Dexter,

Mine will do that too sometimes. Showing front door is unlocked when it’s locked, garage open when it’s closed, etc. I usually force close the app then re-open it (forces refresh). Takes care of the problem 99% of the time.

Swiping down on the app screen will refresh the app.

However, in the case of the OP, signalling is definitely an issue to be addressed.

I will be able to check the panel directly over the holiday. Is there a proper way to power the panel down? Do I just pull the plug? What is my remedy if cell signal strength stays low? Do I need a new panel?
Thanks

BTW, it is showing the alarm is disarmed and the front door is opened. I have determined from someone on-site that the alarm is armed and the front door is closed.

BTW, it is showing the alarm is disarmed and the front door is opened. I have determined from someone on-site that the alarm is armed and the front door is closed.

Other symptoms of signalling to be sure. Your panel won’t be able to communicate properly with Alarm.com until the signalling is addressed. We want to determine if it is a physical fault of the module, of the panel, or of the carrier towers. But signalling is much lower than it needs to be for quality connection.

Is there a proper way to power the panel down?

Unplug the plug in 14VDC transformer from the outlet. Open the panel, pull the battery.

When powering back up, battery first, then transformer. It will not turn on until the transformer is plugged in.

Got it. Will do tomorrow night or Friday and post results. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Got it. Will do tomorrow night or Friday and post results. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Keep in mind that with your cellular down, and your panel not communicating that your system is little more than a noise maker at this point. If an alarm event occurs there will most likely be no response from central station, no police, fire or emergency dispatch.

Understood, i am VERY concerned and unhappy about this event, but there is very little I can do until I get there.

This account has had poor cellular signaling for as far back as I can see. When you look at the radio status button in installer toolbox you’ll see a signal strength measurement out of a maximum of 31. We like it to be 11 at a minimum and we prefer it to be more like 15 or higher. Yours appears to be between 0 and 4.

When you power down and back up give it a few minutes and then see what that radio signal level is. It’s possible that At&T just isn’t strong in that location. You might try moving the panel somewhere else in the building and look for a higher radio signal level. Or, in the worst case scenario, you might have to try switching to Verizon.

Another option is dual path communication via broadband bridge.

Or AT&T microcell over wifi maybe.

I had to do that to get the signal stronger in my house.

Every cell carrier here is pretty weak the closer you get to Lake Michigan (WI). I live 8 blocks away and get a crappy signal.

iOS 9 brought wifi calling (AT&T) for iPhone at least. Before that, I was dropping calls left and right at home and panel signal was junk too. Even with the microcell I’m only getting around 8-11 on the panel radio.

Cell test just times out every time. I cannot vouch for ATT, but I have good voice and data connection here on my Verizon mobile.

Might the ATT communicator have gone bad?

Retesting this morning, it tells me simply that the test was successful. No other data or number.

Retest this morning was successful, but no other numbers or data.

Strength is 4/31. That’s a long way from 11 or 15.

It’s now gone to 0/31

It’s now gone to 0/31

You are using a 1’ in the wall antenna, right? And it is actually in the wall? (not an antenna curled up in panel?)

Either:

1. Use proper antenna, and run it in the wall, or use attic antenna

2. Replace cell and antenna

3. Go dual path with a broadband bridge

4. Go POTS module for CS backup (if supported)