Alternative to V722W

I am about to give up on my V722W camera. It wasn’t consistently producing video motion detection clips so I switched to the new video analytics. At first it appeared to solve the problem and captured all vehicles, people, and animals crossing the tripwires I set up. Then it started to miss a few and that number continued to increase until it’s at least 50% missed now. I have done the following already: power cycled the camera (more than once and for a significant amount of time in the unpowered position), I have deleted and recreated the trip wires and rules. I have increased the sensitivity of the trip wire by decreasing the minimum size of the object (size does not seem to be a problem since it will detect people and miss large SUVs). The wireless signal strength is showing as only 58% even though it is less than 6 feet from a wireless mesh node (I have gigabit speed internet). The other problem with this camera is that anytime there is any interruption in my home network, it will not automatically reconnect and always needs to be power cycled. My other cameras (V720W and 2GIG-HD100) do not have that issue.

Any suggestions before I attempt to replace the camera? If I do, is there a compatible camera model that will give me video analytics capability without the hassles?

The wireless signal strength is showing as only 58% even though it is less than 6 feet from a wireless mesh node

That is low enough to potentially cause ongoing issues. Mesh networks can be a bit problematic for cams sometimes.

If the cam can connect to two different access points, I have seen them be switched between the two repeatedly in the past or connect to the weaker signal. It depends on the router/access point and how the network is set up.

As a test, do you have an old non-mesh router you could set up as a dedicated surveillance network? Just connect the camera to it and check the performance.