Alarm triggered by motion in Arm Stay

I’ll start off with, this is a new “problem” after upgrading my IQ Panel 2 to the 2.4.2 update today.

So, I have an automatic re-arming schedule to set Arm Stay after 1hr of inactivity (I.e no motion). After updating the panel this morning and having been in another room, the panel set to Arm Stay (heard audible voice from panel saying so). I walked over to disarm and the alarm immediately went off when the motion picked me up. Did something change with how the motion sensors are configured?

Thanks,

Mike

Nothing has changed as far as function is concerned with motions for FW 2.4.2. Release notes can be found here.

Looking at history, the panel was actually Armed Away, not stay, which would account for the motion detector triggering the alarm. You can check this in Activity through ADC as well.

You can test the motion sensor by Arming Stay and tripping the motion sensor (after it hasn’t detected motion for a few minutes) does triggering the motion while the panel is Armed Stay trigger an alarm?

You may want to recreate the auto arming schedule and save to get a fresh version of the rule.

Great, thanks for looking into it. The panel definitely said “Automated Arm Stay” and the icon was the orange one (I guess I could be wrong). I’ll probably delete them and set them again. I’ll report back.

I would remove the rule and re-add. How soon before the alarm event did you update the panel’s firmware?

Probably about 2hrs. I just deleted the auto-arming rules. I’m going to wait a few mins then add them back.

Sounds good. You’ll want to wait a few minutes before re-adding the rules.

So I re-added the arming schedules. After reviewing the logs I think that the auto Arm Away did indeed get triggered because of my rule (2hrs inactivity). I guess we didn’t realize how much time had passed. I upped the time to 2.5hrs to be on the safe side (hopefully). I guess I should be happy it worked.

Thanks again for the quick response, you guys are the best. Happy holidays.

-Mike

No problem. Happy to help look into it for you!

Have a great holiday!