Alarm Transmission Delay & Dispatch Question

In programming my GC3 panel, I’m a little confused about Q37-Alarm Cancel Time and Q39-Alarm Abort Window Transmission Delay.

If someone is breaking into my home, I want a near immediate transmission of the alarm. Q39 is set to the default of 30 seconds, giving me enough time to stop transmission to the Central Station in case I accidentally trip a sensor.

However, the minimum setting on Q37 is 5 minutes, which appears to mean I have five minutes to cancel the alarm once it gets to the Central Station. Does that mean it won’t be dispatched to police or fire before then?

However, the minimum setting on Q37 is 5 minutes, which appears to mean I have five minutes to cancel the alarm once it gets to the Central Station. Does that mean it won’t be dispatched to police or fire before then?

Q37 does not impact outbound signaling of alarms.

Q37 determines a time period within which a disarm action at the panel will be sent to the CS as a “cancel report”. These reports have no effect on suretyDIY operator alarm handling.

After an alarm occurs locally, the only programming question which can affect a signaling delay is Q39 Transmission Delay. Transmission delay is then enabled or disabled on a per sensor basis.

Thanks for that, but it created another question for me too. I have the transmission delay disabled on all my sensors (except entry/exit) so as I understand it those sensors will immediately transmit to the GC3 control panel and then Q39 will hold the transmission to the Central Station for 30 seconds, is that right?

Transmission Delay is a Delay after alarm activation between the alarm occurring and the alarm being forwarded to the central station.

When a sensor with Transmission delay causes an alarm, Alarm.com receives the initial signal and lists it as a Pending Alarm. At the end of the Transmission delay period, if no disarm signal is received, this is forwarded as an alarm signal to the central station.

For an Entry/Exit sensor, an alarm would occur after the Entry Delay period expires. Transmission Delay is in addition to Entry Delay.