Alarm disarming after "incident"

Hello,

My alarm went off today due to a first floor window sensor being opened. Everything worked flawlessly in that I got the call, told them to dispatch and witnessed the police come and check out the house via my cameras. The situation was deemed clear by the police and they left. About 20 minutes after the police had left my wife came home and the alarm was still going off.

My question is what is the procedure for something like this where the police deem the situation clear? I thought that the alarm would be shut off either by surety or alarm.com. Or is the responsibility on me to shut off the alarm remotely? I ask because I have pets and leaving the siren going that long is not great for them. Not to mention the neighbors having to continually listen to the alarm going off.

Thank you

My question is what is the procedure for something like this where the police deem the situation clear? I thought that the alarm would be shut off either by surety or alarm.com. Or is the responsibility on me to shut off the alarm remotely?

We do not have access to disarm/arm your alarm system (that would go against general account security). Only your users do. You would need to disarm the system when the panel is in an Alarm state.

The siren in each panel will have a time-out period which is programmable. On a GC3, that would be Q40 in programming for burglary alarms. By default the value is 4 minutes.

This means after 4 minutes the siren would deactivate, but the panel is still in alarm state until you disarm the system. Any subsequent sensor activity while in alarm state will reactivate the siren for 4 minutes.

Ah ok that makes sense. Thank you very much for the help.