Alarm.com Videos loading to 80% then stopping

It doesn’t help to turn off the norton firewall. I did add alarm.com as an exception but I don’t think that was the problem.

I can view the images from our security cameras on my phone just fine using the alarm.com app. My phone is connected to the same wifi network as my PC.

On my PC, using Firefox or Chrome, the videos attempt to load, and do so quickly, but when they get to 80%, they just hang there at 80%.

I’m not seeing a Surety subscription tied to this question. Do you use Surety as your service provider?

I would recommend to reach out to your provider for assistance with troubleshooting, as they will be able to check diagnostics for your equipment.

We might be able to provide some suggestions though.

Are you trying to view saved video or live view?

What model of cameras are you trying to view?

I talked with the installers/monitoring company, Guardian Security, and they said everything looks fine and they are able to see the videos, so it must be something with my internet or wifi. But I can see the videos fine on my phone on the same wifi.

I am trying to view live video or saved video. Either one. I went on to check an incident that had happened a while ago but couldn’t get to either one to view the incident.

I don’t know the model of the cameras.

Typically, if you are seeing all videos fail to load it will be the result of either using a VPN or aggressive security software on the PC.

It was the VPN! Working perfectly now. Thank you! Incidentally, is there a way to use a VPN with alarm.com?

No, the recommendation in documentation is to disable the VPN for viewing.