Alarm.com video questions

I currently have 2 Alarm.com cameras that were included with my security package from CPI. I just installed a new camera system myself and wanted to add those cameras to a 3rd party software so I can view all the cameras at one time. CPI is telling me that they do not have the username and password for it and I had to call technical support. And all the info online states that I have to have an account with Alarm.com but I am having issues setting that up since I obtained my hardware through CPI. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide or at least point me in the right direction. Thank you.

The username and password is randomly generated during the pairing process with Alarm.com. Alarm.com cameras have specific firmware to make them compatible with the ADC cloud video service.

It may be possible to use them with a third party software. See this thread for more information.

I am having issues setting that up since I obtained my hardware through CPI.

You can only have the ADC cameras on one account. What you need to do is access the CPI alarm.com account and delete the cameras off of it.

Then reset, and add the cameras to your new alarm.com account (if you have one with the video add on)

As for gaining third party access, it looks like there are two ways, either via vivotek OEM software (and a call to Vivotek tech support), or via the open source ispy