Alarm.com states

Just to make sure, when you say GND, you mean terminal 8 or 3 and one wire from each sensor can go to the same terminal (8 or 3). Thanks.

Either should be fine. GNDs are connected in the terminal block.

I am guessing the the open collectors will only report in a normally closed state and the sensors are currently in the state they came out of the box?

I would trip the sensor and reset to make sure it is synced. You might want to change the output programming to something like Activated on Arming so you can easily test first.

The Open Collector outputs are normally open. They close to GND when activated.

Thank you very much. This is awesome. Now I can control automations based on arm state as well as alarm state. It reports opposite of what it actually is (armed when disarmed) and I haven’t played with the fire / burglar alarm settings. I have no doubt it will work, just need to get a chance to test and the other issue can be cleaned up with a template.

Thanks again guys…I love suretydiy

It reports opposite of what it actually is (armed when disarmed) and I haven’t played with the fire / burglar alarm settings.

Yes, since the GC3 open collector is NO it is activated on close, not open. Most controllers will likely have a way of monitoring both open and close actions of sensors, just need to consider that logic when working in the controller software.

If necessary a relay can be added to change that into NC circuit. But since you are just looking to know a state change that shouldn’t be necessary in most cases I think.