Alarm.com Simon xti

Hi,

I found this site while researching the 3G/4G-LTE changeover. I am told by the Alarm.com provider that the Simon xti panel will no longer be able to communicate due to the change to 4g-LTE. Additionally, I am told the 4G communicator is not available and I need to change the main panel, lose the 2 secondary panels and replace the smoke detectors, thermostats etc. Another provider has told me they would be able to replace the panel and with the exception of the image sensor and the (5) ct30 thermostats, all other items would work.

My system is 6 yrs old and I am not happy about losing some functionality, or replacing a portion of it. Is the 4G communicator not available? Is it true the thermostats are no longer supported and will not work with a 4G upgrade? I am no longer under contract and not at all pleased with the current servicer, who only wants to sell me an entirely new system.
Thank you in advance!

Hi, happy to help clarify:

You are correct, within the next couple years all 3G cell modules will need to be replaced by 4G LTE modules or replacement panels.

The 3G official sunset will occur 2022. However, leading up to the sunset some areas will experience decreased performance as resources are reallocated by carriers.

The sticky point in this is that Interlogix, the manufacturer of the Simon panel, recently shuttered their security business entirely. They no longer manufacture parts so the panel and peripherals will be harder and harder to support going forward.

The modules themselves are from Alarm.com, and are still available from select sources. We do not currently have any available through our distribution network.

You can likely find them somewhere online though, and many dealers (such as Surety) will monitor any compatible Alarm.com system. Search for the 600-1048-XT-LTE-VZ LTE module.

The thermostat issue is real. We originally announced it here. This is a limitation strictly based on when your Alarm.com account was created. If you start a new account with a dealer, you wouldn’t have access to the CT30s in the new account.

An ADC account transfer would get around this I believe, but not all dealers support transfers. This page has info on how to transfer if you are looking for a new provider.

Kinda curious who is ur current provider

Thank you very much. Seems like the best thing may be to buy the module while still available and use the current system as long as possible. Then when we are sunset, we can switch the module? I hate to lose the functionality of thermostats if not necessary and we have 5, so expensive to replace.

The provider is Guard Me.

I know u would hate to loose ur secondary keypads but have u looked at the option with Qolsys it will use all ur current sensors has a lte Communicator built in also has lot of great features and always update only thing would is u have to replace ur 2 extra keypads but u would also then have option for better sensors as time went on and surety offers great services and cheaper with more features than current provider

I also read that them thermostat should work with qolsys and u can control them with the panel

According to qolsys website they will work

Really? I’ll check bc I thought alarm.com would no longer support the ct30 thermostats. Yes, qolsys I believe is what has been recommended.

According to qolsys website they will work

So just to further clarify:

It is not that the thermostat is just incompatible with the panel, what blocks or allows CT30 usage is the age of the Alarm.com account.

If you start a new Alarm.com account with a new provider, the CT30 will not be available. Doesn’t matter what panel you use. The CT30 is no longer supported in ADC for new accounts.

If you directly transfer or if you have your current dealer swap the panel but otherwise keep the same Alarm.com account it wouldn’t affect the thermostat compatibility.

Regrading the thermostats, I think perhaps the qolysys will support, but won’t be available on the Alram.com app which is where I set the schedules and access remotely.

Very helpful, thank you, so we just cannot change the account. getting answers from the provider is nearly impossible

That’s one the bad things with Guardme there a dealer of Brinks which is very very bad company

It is a bit of a convoluted issue with regard to how ADC handled discontinuation of support. But yeah, for those thermostats the age of the account is what blocks it from being used in Alarm.com remotely.

Until this sunset issue, we’ve had a decent experience with guardme. I’ll check into possibility of keeping the same account either via transfer or new panel. I really just want all the same equipment and the new communicator. Everything has worked fine and this is quite frustrating, although i am sure i am not the only one.