Alarm.com Security Cameras

I am looking for some feedback and recommendations on the Alarm.com cameras as well as any thoughts or comments on Alarm.com’s AI features on the platform. Does it work well, do you find it to be reliable and worth it?

I am looking for camera’s that are PoE preferably and the ADC-VC726 and ADC-VC826 to be the only PoE models but not sure if they are older models.

On the WiFi cameras, can the power supply be wired remotely to say a central location.

Surety Plans, how many cameras and SVR’s can be added to the account? Which plans/add-ons would be needed?

Thanks!

I am looking for camera’s that are PoE preferably and the ADC-VC726 and ADC-VC826 to be the only PoE models but not sure if they are older models.

This thread lists out compatible POE models. There are more than those two.

On the WiFi cameras, can the power supply be wired remotely to say a central location.

You can use 18AWG cable to extend the power cable and run them to a more convenient location, yes. Or you can find pre-terminated DC extension cables. Options will depend on how far the cable needs to go.

Surety Plans, how many cameras and SVR’s can be added to the account? Which plans/add-ons would be needed?

A breakdown of plans and included features are shown here, including the various video add-ons. Complete is a good place to start, with support for 4 cameras, 1 SVR, 3000 monthly clips. Additional levels of video can be added, each adding 4 cameras and 5000 clips.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Alarm.com AI part of the service? Did it work well for you? What did or didn’t you like about it?

I appreciate the the help. Thanks!

Before alarm.com cameras I had nest cams, blink cameras, wyze cams and also amazon cams (now discontinued).

All of those had frequent false alarms.

In comparison the alarm.com cameras seem to have drastically less false alarms. So I’m much happier having switched to them.