Alarm.com iOS notification delays

My iPhone receives arm and disarm notifications from the Alarm.com app immediately, but my door sensor notifications are always delayed by 30 - 60 seconds, significantly reducing their usefulness. Can anything be done about this?

There is some additional processing latency noted when sensors are reporting opened. Some panels seem to have a bigger impact.

Your system is showing an odd panel type response in Alarm.com. Alarm.com is reporting a status suggesting the module may have compatibility concerns with the version of the panel. Can you confirm the alarm panel version and model?

It’s a Concord 4 but I’m not sure about the panel version. There’s a picture of the panel in this older thread: Support for Concord 4 with ADT Pulse Superbus

Ah, yeah this same status is referenced in the final few posts of that thread.

It is difficult to say what effects that might have on reporting. Do you have any other previous communication equipment for previous dealers connected to the panel?

There’s no other communication equipment besides the CD-421-US-VZ. I will say however that I couldn’t identify every single device that is hardwired to the panel. I’m sure most of them are known devices, but it seems like I had some extras…in case that matters. Most of my sensors are wireless. Also, I don’t believe I saw this delay in the door sensors after initially setting up the system. It seemed to start after I replaced the battery in the panel, but I’m not 100% sure about that. It has been going on for a while, but I’m just now getting around to asking about it.

I will say however that I couldn’t identify every single device that is hardwired to the panel. I’m sure most of them are known devices, but it seems like I had some extras…in case that matters.

Yes, it is definitely important to identify what components are in use as there may be incompatibilities.

In your prior thread there appears to be something wired to the telco terminals. Can you confirm what that is?

That thread has an older picture of my panel. I removed those telco connections when I added the CD-421-US-VZ. It’s the Zone1 - Zone5 devices I’m not sure about. I have 3 hardwired door sensors, 2 hardwired panels, and 2 speakers. I see where the panels and speakers are connected, but it seems like I should only have 3 devices on those zone connections. The zones also don’t match the sensor order configured on the panel, if that matters. For example it seems like Zone 1 should be sensor 1 - Garage Entry Door, which is hard wired, but Zone 2 can’t be sensor 2 - Front Door, because it’s wireless. How can I identify those?

Also I’ve only looked inside my panel and entered and exited programming mode on my panel, but at the moment I’m getting immediate notifications from my door sensors. Is Alarm.com just having a good day or has something else changed?

Do you use Verizon for your cell phone service? You would have been affected by this for a short time:

Alarm.com mitigated a known sms delivery delay issue by removing thumbnails from video notifications for Verizon cell users. This was a delay caused by the Verizon cell carrier.

The zones also don’t match the sensor order configured on the panel, if that matters. For example it seems like Zone 1 should be sensor 1 - Garage Entry Door, which is hard wired, but Zone 2 can’t be sensor 2 - Front Door, because it’s wireless. How can I identify those?

Testing sensors one by one and noting which zones are open would be the way to identify what is wired to what terminal.

Terminals in the panel can be programmed in any order and do not need to match one for one numerically with the terminal labels.

Remove one sensor wire from an unknown zone input on the panel. Which zone number reports open? Repeat.

I only have push alerts enabled, so I don’t think this would apply to me. The issue I’m having has also been happening for months.

Would those zone terminals only be used for hardwired sensors? I’m assuming I should also remove the corresponding ground wire when I remove each one? Although I notice they aren’t one for one.

Would those zone terminals only be used for hardwired sensors?

Yes, the wired zone terminals on the board will all correspond to wired sensors.

Removing either wire of the zone circuit would be fine, and removal of the one in the labeled Zone terminal rather than Com or GND is probably better since you can ensure only one is removed at a time. Typically GND/Com terminals are shared.