After 1.14.1 XCVR does not see any devices now

Not only the TS1, also I cannot pair the 2GIG-IMAGE1 device. I believe both TS1 and the 2GIG-IMAGE1 uses the same radio.

did you reset the IS before trying to learn it in?

may be that is not compatible with the newer version firmware or that radio’s firmware needs to be updated.
If you suspect the XCVR2 is defective, then replace it. it runs approx. $20. There is no firmware for it, or "compatibility" fix.

From the image that Anildas posted… you can see that the panel is an old GC based off of the words below the buttons. These are the same panels that i’ve had issues with the 900mhz getting bricked when upgraded to 1.10 or newer, which you guys probably know all of that already.

The only “fix” that i was able to come up with was to flash the CP to 1.9.6 and then the 900mhz will still work therefore the TS1s will still be able to be paired. But then the issue is that you won’t be able to use the Image Sensor because that requires 1.10 or newer. :confused: Most of the systems that i’ve come across do not have Image Sensors that are trying to be integrated so its a none issue. So if you’re wanting the IS on your system than unfortunately you’ll need to buy a new panel.

Been curious to try downgrading the panel back to 1.9.6 and flash the TS1 to 1.9 as well to see if they will pair the TS1s back up after the CP has already been on 1.10 or newer but have not tested this at all. However, i’ve heard to not ever downgrade firmwares, maybe its because it will restore settings for why the person told me that? Idk.

Something else also interesting… When i’ve come across these older GC panels, it does not always brick the 900mhz, it only does sometimes. Makes no sense. So before i had the 1.9.6, i would just cross my fingers that it wouldn’t brick the 900mhz so i wouldn’t have to swap the panel out.

I have also tried replacing the XCVR2 and that has not fixed the problem.

From the image that Anildas posted… you can see that the panel is an old GC based off of the words below the buttons

Yes, it is obvious that the OP does not have a GC2 panel, and in fact has one of the 2011 (or earlier GCX/CNTRL1/CP1 panel models with zwave 2.78 that released with firmware 1.6 - 1.9). I previously had a Vivint branded one like this, with an installed IS and TS1, but in my case, It never had firmware above 1.10.1.

I wonder if all the panels that are encountering this firmware related failure issue are earlier GCX/CNTRL1/CP1 (pre-GC2) panels.

From my experience, it’s only been the pre-GC2 panels that have had the issue.

So it is a well known thing that the control panel I have (2GIG-CP2/2GIG-CNTRL2-345) will break on the transceiver (2GIG-XCVR2) if you upgrade to anything higher than 1.9.

In that case I would suggest the web site store to update it’s language on the product pages such as the USB cable, Image sensor, XCVR2, TS1 etc. And should suggest to upgrade the panel with the new panel link/details so people like me won’t break their system.

It’s a slipper slope please post relevant information to save your DIY customers. Don’t let us fall on face then suck away money with a forceful cpanel change. Your DIY business model is what attracts the customers, and please keep it that way.

Now which control panel do you recommend if I want to use all of my existing sensors, firefighter, keyfobs, plus the IS and TS1? I see “2GIG GC3 Security & Control Panel (2GIG-GC3-345)” and “2GIG Go!Control Touch Screen Wireless Control Panel (2GIG-CP21-345E)”

So it is a well known thing that the control panel I have (2GIG-CP2/2GIG-CNTRL2-345) will break on the transceiver (2GIG-XCVR2) if you upgrade to anything higher than 1.9.

No. It is not well known or even fact. It is all conjecture, that older model Pre 2012 GoControl panels are the ones encountering this issue and failing when upgraded above 1.12

Now which control panel do you recommend if I want to use all of my existing sensors, firefighter, keyfobs, plus the IS and TS1?

2GIG GC2 (2GIG-CP21 with zwave 4.55)

From our experience the issue is very rare, and yes, as far as I know has only affected older model panels.

I’ve updated countless of the older model Go!Control panels and have yet to encounter this.

Now which control panel do you recommend if I want to use all of my existing sensors, firefighter, keyfobs, plus the IS and TS1? I see “2GIG GC3 Security & Control Panel (2GIG-GC3-345)” and “2GIG Go!Control Touch Screen Wireless Control Panel (2GIG-CP21-345E)

You would want to go with the GC2. Your TS1s and Image Sensor will not be compatible with the GC3.

So I need to purchase the “2GIG Go!Control Touch Screen Wireless Control Panel (2GIG-CP21-345E)". I am assuming the existing cellular module will work with the new control panel? How about the existing 2GIG-XCVR2 module?

Also it is confusing to see a contradicting information on one of the above post that was edited. “riven” wrote mine is not CP2 or CNTRL2, where as I bought a CP2 and CNTRL2 in year 2013. Now it sounds like Suretycam sold me an older/different model in the box of CP2 or CNTRL2. See the images here, one is the original post and second is the picture of the control panel manual and the box still has the UPS label along with. Was it a mistake or intentional to give an older model in new box?

CNTRL2-345 still has the Home and Emergency words under the buttons. This is the best way to determine whether your panel is a “GC2” or earlier version. All models with the Home and Emergency words instead of symbols (shown on the box) are pre-GC2 models.

All CNTRL2-345 are pre-GC2 models.

They were not only manufactured prior to 2012. That is an incorrect statement (I’ve got one myself here manufactured in late 2012, not sure when it officially ended production.)

You can always check the date code inside the panel.

a contradicting information on one of the above post that was edited. “riven” wrote mine is not CP2 or CNTRL2, where as I bought a CP2 and CNTRL2 in year 2013

My bad. What I meant was GC2 panel, not CNTRL2 (GC2 came out in 2012 or so, but I don’t think it was called ‘GC2’ until recently). There many many variants of the “Go Control” panel…CNTRL1, CNTRL2, CNTRLX, GC, GCX, CP51, CP71, CP61, CP21, CP11, GC2, etc…

I think since 2010/2011 or so, all GoControl panels are given the same model CNTRL2, I don’t think ‘GC2’ has been on the package. Unofficially, I think ‘GC2’ refers to GoControl panels that have the three symbols under Emergency button, revised hardware, and with at least zwave version 3.42.

I edit my posts to correct typos, incorrect info, or mistakes, etc, which is allowed within the first hour or so after posting. It would be wise to check the thread and post and not go solely by emailed response text, because in my case at least, it is probably no longer the same.

My understanding is that in 2012 the newer hardware model panels released. These panels had an updated zwave version of 3.42.

And it is is conjectured that it is the older panels (with manufacturer date of 2012 or earlier), running the old hardware and zwave version 2.78, that are having these failures.

I think since 2010/2011 or so, all GoControl panels are given the same model CNTRL2, I don’t think ‘GC2’ has been on the package.

It changed from CNTRL2 to CP21-345E. At some point in late 2012/early 2013 I think the switch happened, can’t really get the info from 2GIG techs, waiting for a sales rep to verify so we can clarify whether all GC2s are a one for one match to anything with CP21-345E as the model number.

The model number on the box for the “GC2” version even now is CP21-345.

I bought a new XCVR and none work (the TS1 or image-sensor). What are my options?

Buy https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/after-1-14-1-xcvr-does-not-see-any-devices-now/page/2/

And try the same things again? Or discard it completely ?

In the few cases we have seen, a new control panel was necessary and resolved the issue. All other existing equipment should work fine, including xcvr2.