ADT Transfer

Hello - sorry if this post is redundant but didn’t find anything applicable during my search. I called ADT to cancel service intending to move to Surety, and they said something to the effect of they wouldn’t release my equipment because it was “encrypted”… is that actually the case? Per my contract I own the equipment outright after the term ends, so I assumed this wasn’t the case but thought you all might know better. Thanks

I called ADT to cancel service intending to move to Surety, and they said something to the effect of they wouldn’t release my equipment because it was “encrypted”

The individual who said this either does not understand what encrypted means or was providing a bad excuse to refuse the request. The individual may be implying the panel is proprietary, only usable by them. If it is the IQ Panel 2+ this is not accurate.

I cannot speak to the policy of other dealers, but if your contract states the equipment is yours I would point this out to anyone refusing a cancellation request.

Do you have an Alarm.com compatible panel? If you have an IQ Panel 2+ it would be compatible.

Thanks Jason - yes I have an IQ 2+ panel, and while ADT does the monitoring the system itself is run through Alarm.com, so I think it’d really just be a transfer of who’s monitoring the system and nothing else should change.

Before I cancel ADT, what do I need to get from them in order to switch over? I can cancel the service, but I want to make sure I can get back up and running on Surety as quick as possible so there isn’t a lapse in monitoring.

Thanks Jason - yes I have an IQ 2+ panel, and while ADT does the monitoring the system itself is run through Alarm.com, so I think it’d really just be a transfer of who’s monitoring the system and nothing else should change.

Canceling service should unregister the panel and allow you to use it with another provider.

You can check the status of your cellular module via our Module Check Tool to determine if your system is unregistered and eligible for service. If you aren’t sure which type of module you have, refer to this guide here.

Plan pricing and features can be found here. As service is offered on a month to month basis, plans can be changed at any time. To begin service, purcahse the service plan that best suits your needs. After purhcase, the website will walk you through the account creation process. Provided you have an unregistered, 4G LTE module, it takes about 5 minutes from service plan purhcase to account setup and connection. This will result in a new Alarm.com account.

Make sure you have the Master User, Installer, or Dealer Code. You will need to run a cell test to connect the panel to new service once the new account is created.

Here you will find our General Policies and Frequently Asked Questions! Technical support can be found on our Support Site , where our technicians are always happy to help you!