Adding V521 trouble

I’ve had this V521 running to a while, but needed to change my wireless (long story) and now I can’t re-add it.

• It was added to my account as “Nursery”
  • I deleted it from the account in the web interface
  • I reset the camera (hold the button for 15 seconds until it goes red/green, then after light goes out unplug for 10 seconds)
  • I plugged it into ethernet and applied power

It does not show up when I try to add a new camera on the website. Also when I try to add it by MAC it gives an error something like invalid IP VPN.

For my wireless situation I finally had to segregate the 5GHz and 2.4GHz. The old SSID no longer has 2.4GHz. The 2.4GHz SSID is a new one. I figured I should be able to point it at the 2.4GHz SSID once I get it added on the website but I haven’t been able to get that far.

Thanks!

– I reset the camera (hold the button for 15 seconds until it goes red/green, then after light goes out unplug for 10 seconds)

After performing a factory reset you need to leave the device powered and undisturbed for a couple minutes.

You might try another reset, do not unplug the device until at least a full 3 minutes later.

It does not show up when I try to add a new camera on the website. Also when I try to add it by MAC it gives an error something like invalid IP VPN.

For my wireless situation I finally had to segregate the 5GHz and 2.4GHz. The old SSID no longer has 2.4GHz. The 2.4GHz SSID is a new one. I figured I should be able to point it at the 2.4GHz SSID once I get it added on the website but I haven’t been able to get that far.

How long have you waited after deleting the cam? (just curious if for some reason the back-end hadn’t fully purged it from your account yet).

If you see the same error again, can you post a screenshot or get the exact error wording?