ADC-VDB770 & ADC-V723X Not Connecting

Hello,

I have tried to troubleshoot and reconnect both of these cameras, I even talked with Alarm.com support to have them walk me through reconnecting these, and I have had no luck at all.

I am currently paying for video monitoring and have no video feed. Help would be much appreciated.

Happy to help, so that we can best assist, can you provide the following context:

Were these two cameras previously on your current Surety account?
If so, why were they removed? When was the last time they were working for you?
Did you replace your router, ISP, etc?
Have they been factory reset?

1. These cameras have been on my account since I’ve had an account

2. They were never removed, they just stopped working

3. They were last working was probably like 6 months ago

4. Same routers, modem, etc that I started the account with.

They were never removed, they just stopped working

Looking at the account tied to this user, there are no video devices on it.

One camera was deleted on 4/7/2023, presumably for troubleshooting purposes?

The other camera shows as having been deleted from the account 11/27/2022. Can you confirm which one was deleted at that time?

Let’s split this up and focus on one camera.

For the VDB770, factory reset using the following steps:

Then try getting it connected using the steps below:

If you run into trouble, at what point in the steps does the failure occur? Note any LED activity or exact wording of any error messages and let us know.

I reset then follow the connection procedures, and it gets all the way to the point of establishing the connection and I can see the percentage of completion on my phone, but it goes super slow and eventually gives out at like 5 or 6 %.

What is the download/upload speed of the connection the camera is connected to at the installation site? You can use something like speedtest.net to test with your phone.

Try and power the VDB770 via USB and bring it closer to the router inside to connect it to Alarm.com. Any change?

18 mbs. internet should be fine. Idk. Might have to switch to something else. I can’t keep paying for a service I’m not using. I like the cameras when they worked. Seems to be bricks now.

I reset then follow the connection procedures, and it gets all the way to the point of establishing the connection and I can see the percentage of completion on my phone, but it goes super slow and eventually gives out at like 5 or 6 %.

What is the model of router you are using?

For best results, a unique 2.4Ghz network with unique SSID is needed. This kind of disconnection issue is common when bandsteering or qos settings break the camera’s LAN connectivity, even temporarily.

If you have a mesh router, connection drops are usually frequent. If you do not have a mesh router but use the same SSID for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, (usually the default setup) then the camera can flip between them and this will temporarily cut the connection when it occurs. This will often kill the connection when trying to pair the camera.

Ok. I actually just got a much better router and was able to connect via wos mode. One thing I am trying to do is use the chime adc-w115c with it. Is this possible? Doesn’t seem to be in sync and I cannot use the chime as an access point because the password it came with doesn’t work.

You should be able to use WPS to connect the VDB770 to the chime.

• Be sure to add the Alarm.com Smart Chime to an Alarm.com account before using WPS mode to add video cameras or other Wi-Fi devices to the Wi-Fi network.
  • To enter WPS mode, press and release the WPS button on the Smart Chime.
  • The WPS LED will rapidly flash to indicate that the device is in WPS mode.
  • Press the WPS button on the device you want to add to the Smart Chime’s Wi-Fi network.

If the ADC-W115C is not ringing when the doorbell camera button is pressed, complete the following:

• Disable and re-enable Send button press notifications to Alarm.com Smart Chime.
  • Verify that the doorbell camera and ADC-W115C firmware is up to date in the Video Device Info page.
  • Power down the ADC-W115C.
  • Disconnect power from the router and any applicable access points, and wait 2 minutes.
  • Reconnect power to each device starting with the router and ending with the ADC-W115C.