ADC-V700X eh?

Hello awesome support people…

So I have this camera mounted outside… All has been well till the last 24 hours… My camera is offline from ADC portal. I have tried everything I can think of to make it work… I can connect locally and get the prompt for user/pass but cant go any further. I did a high level check of PoE and my router to make sure all is well and it appears so… Any other thoughts on what I can do to make this thing connect again?

b

Hmm. Where is the coupler found for the camera tail? Do you have the camera tail going into the building and the coupler inside?

POE can cause couplers exposed to humidity to corrode, so if it is outdoors that may be a good thing to check before getting too far into the networking rabbit hole.

Just to verify have you power cycled the camera?

I can connect locally and get the prompt for user/pass but cant go any further

Have you made any recent changes to firewall settings or swapped routers, etc.?

I can ping it an get the HTML login page for the camera so I think the camera is good from there. The only thing I have done is updated the firewall. I double checked the rules they are the same. Its just odd that it stopped working all of a sudden when I have updated the firewall probably 3 times since I installed this camera back in August.

brian

The only thing I have done is updated the firewall. I double checked the rules they are the same. Its just odd that it stopped working all of a sudden when I have updated the firewall probably 3 times since I installed this camera back in August.

Ah, well while you might not have seen any issue in previous times, making a network change and the camera failing shortly thereafter is definitely suggestive.

One thing to try would be to head to the Video Device Info page for that cam in Alarm.com, then forward the ports listed there to the local IP address of the cam. Does this have any effect after a power cycle?

Nope I have had a hole poked in my firewall for the camera for months. That is actually the first thing I checked… I have an enterprise UTM at my house and its not like a normal home router. Its much more granular… I guess I will double check it… Sigh… I have a love hate relationship with technology. Also it doesnt help that Murphy is my best friend…

When did you make the update?

Looks like a successful DDNS update occurred today, but inbound supervision has failed since yesterday.

Could you actually send us a secure message? Please reference this thread and please include all the ports you have forwarded to the camera IP.

How do I send a secure message? Do you mean email? What is inbound supervision? Do you mean ADC connecting from the outside to my camera?

There is a link in the above post. You can find the secure message tool here.

As a follow up, based on what was sent it looks like just the HTTP and HTTPS ports are forwarded? Is that correct?

It appears the camera has reconnected and successful supervision/recordings are occurring since the weekend. What local changes were made if you don’t mind?

What is inbound supervision? Do you mean ADC connecting from the outside to my camera?

Yes. A DDNS update would be sent by the cam to ADC. A supervision ping would be inbound from ADC to the cam.

Well in short I hit the factory reset button on my Sophos router. I rebuilt the config. I still can’t get live video. But yes it appears to be functioning and everything is kinda working except my thermostat on my 2gig panel. I will launch that in a different thread when I have time to look into it.

Brian

If you are still having partial network issues, try checking to make sure ports 80, 21, 123, 554 are not being blocked in firewall for cam traffic.

By the way, since you mentioned a Tstat and one was not showing on the account I requested an updated equipment list from the panel. Looks like a thermostat is now showing. If you need some additional troubleshooting, yes, please start a thread for it and we would be happy to help!