ADC-T2000 "Sensor left open energy saver" rule does not work

I just realized the sensor left open rule doesn’t appear to work… anyone confirm?

target temp: 78°F
COOL offset: 4°F

Target temp should become 82°F, when energy saver rule is activated, but instead remains at whatever current/target temp is (at least for me).

4:58pm

...The Front Door was left open so the Thermostat temp was changed to 78° for cool.

5:03pm

....The Front Door was closed so the Thermostat temp was changed to 78° for cool.

What you’re seeing are the same goofy notifications that I brought up in my post here: https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/odd-notifications/ The notifications don’t necessarily make sense or go along with the desired rule change. I know that the rule is actually working though as I can hear the AC kick on once the offending door or window is closed.

It looks like some sort of delay between the T2000 updating its status with ADC vs what’s actually happening with temps. Try the same thing but look at the actual thermostat display rather than the app or online thermostats page.

I know that the rule is actually working though as I can hear the AC kick on once the offending door or window is closed.

The rule is not “turn off till sensor restored”

it is offset temp till sensor restored, if the 78°F temp should reach 82°F the unit should activate regardless of whether sensor is open.

That wont work…because it never changes the target temp by the selected offset.

…so on the contrary, the rule is NOT working

Did you check the actual thermostat display instead of ADC?

Did you check the actual thermostat display instead of ADC?

No. but I will.

I guess my behavior doesn’t mimic yours. The thermostat definitely changes the target temp. In addition it wouldn’t shut off unless the target temp changed so the rule is working fine in my case.

Well, now it is working…

The Front Door was left open so the Thermostat temp was changed to 82° for cool

...Front Door was closed so the Thermostat temp was changed to 78° for cool.

Oops…

Spoke too soon.

It now doesn’t again, and with door open the AC just kicked on (then turned off a min or so later…tstat shows 79°F)… so maybe it is just the notifications

...The Front Door was left open so the Thermostat temp was changed to 78° for cool.

Tstat shows it was changed to 82°F though

What you’re seeing are the same goofy notifications that I brought up in my post here: https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/odd-notifications/ The notifications don’t necessarily make sense or go along with the desired rule change. I know that the rule is actually working though as I can hear the AC kick on once the offending door or window is closed.

Confirmed. Definitely a bug with the thermostat notifications and incorrect values being reported (polling issue?)

Quote from Jason

may be as simple as ADC polling the Thermostat to capture the target set point for the notification and the proper value not being received.

I see your thermostats are listed as being on battery power, is this true or are they connected via 24 VAC off HVAC? Battery only operation is much more viable with the ADC thermostat but I would still recommend always using the AC power. Battery only operation can inhibit Zwave power with power save modes etc.

Quote from J.P.

They’re connected to the “C” wire so they should be powered by the system. I haven’t seen the battery level move at all since they’ve been installed so I’d be surprised if they’re on battery in reality. Not your area but do you know how I can test that 24v? Put a meter between C and ?

I am connected to C wire (but added tstat on battery with AC power breaker removed so it shows as battery on ADC), same as you. I wonder if it is causing issues… perhaps we should remove and re add tstat with batteries removed and see if this issue resolves.

Keep reading my thread, I removed the thermostats from the system and confirmed that they’re gone from ADC. I removed the batteries and then added the thermostats back into the system on AC power alone. I left them like that for 12 hours or so but ADC was still showing them reporting on battery…physically impossible since the batteries weren’t in the units. I actually did that dance twice, reprogramming them as brand new thermostats each time and recreating all the schedules and notifications.

At this point, the batteries are back in since I was getting tired of the battery warnings and the units still report on battery. I’m convinced that’s what’s causing the polling, and hence notification goofiness. Jason was able to recreate my situation with a Qolsys panel so it’s a bug somwhere. I think that in your case though, on a 2Gig panel, he was able to get them to report as AC powered if they were added on AC power without batteries present (and then the batteries added later).

I have removed it from the 2GIG panel, removed the batteries. I’ll re add it later, then shoot Jason an email to reconfigure the backend, and check to see if it reports as AC. Then I’ll retest the sensor left open energy saver notification a few times and see what happens.

OP’s Thermostat reports AC. The issue with battery operation reports looks to be Qolsys only.

Alarm.com has been made aware of the notification issue.

OP’s Thermostat reports AC.

Its not a polling issue affected by whether tstat is included on AC/battery

Fire & Security System: The Living Room Middle Window was left open so the Thermostat temp was changed to 78° for cool
Fire & Security System: The Living Room Middle Window was closed so the Thermostat temp was changed to 82° for cool

Temp changed to 82°F not 78°F, and changed back to 78°F not 82°F

Notifications are putting out incorrect values, and are still jacked up regardless of whether it is Qolsys or 2GIG. Even though at least on 2GIG is recognizes that it is on AC power.

This is understood.

I have removed it from the 2GIG panel, removed the batteries. I’ll re add it later, then shoot Jason an email to reconfigure the backend, and check to see if it reports as AC.

Yes.

It is good it reports on 2GIG AC, but notifications are still putting out incorrect values regardless of tstat reporting AC or Battery power (battery operation could result in tstat sleeping or having zwave issues, and not acting as a repeater).

So the issue (in so far as the incorrect values being reported for notifications in any event), is an across the board bug.

The Qolsys bug with it reporting on Battery even with no batteries installed at inclusion is a different issue.

Two separate B36-T10 RB bugs

The previous topic did not indicate it but yes, this is also understood at this time. Alarm.com has been made aware of both issues and Qolsys has been brought in on the IQ related battery reporting issue.

Also, if you verified the tstat is now showing AC, were you able to restore/apply/verify the other backend changes?

“Single stage” elec heat pump to “2 stage”

Heat differential: 5°F
Pump staging delay: 15 min
Recovery Setting: Economy

Edit
Awesome. Done. Email confirmation received.

Interesting issue to say the least. Nice to be on the bleeding edge ???