ADC Monkeying Around?

Is ADC doing some kind of upgrades or testing?

I had a power outage on the panel at 0257, didn’t know until the panel beeped at 0621 saying power was restored.

That particular outlet is on a circuit that, if out, would also cut off two of my bedroom’s juice. None of my clocks were flashing this morning and from experience, they will flash if the power goes out for a millisecond!

Also, heat is supposed to automatically kick in @ 0530. It never did. I had to manually change it from the iPhone app.

NOW, about 10 minutes ago the panel alerted again saying I’ve lost radio communications. After performing a radio test, I can confirm the cellular radio is not registering on the network.

That’s three things happening in such a short period of time. I’m thinking maybe ADC is doing something on their end (without informing customers again) that’s causing this.

Not sure if anyone else out there is having any out of the ordinary things happening to their systems this morning.

Power cannot be remotely cut for any length of time from a panel. The panel can only be rebooted remotely.

If the panel is running on battery power, rule activations and Zwave range can be affected.

I would suggest testing the transformer and checking the wiring at the terminals if you do not believe that a power outage may have occurred. Try powering down the panel completely, then powering back up. Are you able to run a successful cell test?

Well, would you look at that! Someone let one of the panel wires get loose. :wink:

Not sure how since it’s mounted on the wall, but one of the PSU wires came loose. I tightened everything back up, did a radio test and it goes through.

I’m getting a red battery indicator in upper right corner but I think that’s because it was, in fact, running off of the battery for 4 hours or so. Aren’t they supposed to last 24 hours at least?

I’m thinking that indicator will stay until the battery gets charged back up to a certain point?

What is the average life of one of the (larger) backup batteries? Mine is about 9 months old and was new when installed.

Aren’t they supposed to last 24 hours at least

No. Only the extended 2GIG-BATT2X (2600mah) are rated for 24 hours. For those with smoke detectors, the original battery pack included is not code compliant (per UL985, NFPA 72).

In any event, the battery packs lose capacity, and by the third year (manufacturer date, not installation date), are most likely below 50% capacity.

You can though, make your own 7.2v 13,800mah battery pack (five times the capacity of the BATT2X) for around $20 using the wire leads, and the connector off an old battery pack and some elect tape.

See: DIY your own 2GIG battery pack with 5x capacity - Support - Surety Support Forum

I’m thinking that indicator will stay until the battery gets charged back up to a certain point?

Yes, if the battery shows low it will continue until charged.

Battery packs will indeed lose potency over time, more so with repeated depletion.

You can though, make your own 7.2v 13,800mah battery pack

Correction-

7.2v 2300mah battery pack