3G cellular sunset date for IQ Panel 1st Gen

Hi, we have 1st Gen IQ panel and the system is working fine right now. I understand the 3G cellular will be sunset soon. I am wondering when the 3G will stop working and how much time do we have to upgrade? Thanks.

I am not seeing an active account through Surety associated with this Surety username. Do you have service through another provider?

3G cellular communication through Alarm.com will cease at the end of the year 2022.

I don’t have an account yet. I am planning to set up one along with upgrading the panel. So I would like to know how much time do we have.

You cannot sign up for service with a first gen IQ Panel. New accounts must have a 4G LTE module, so a new panel would need to be obtained first.

The IQ Panel 4 IQP4001 would be the direct replacement for the Gen1. It works with 319.5 and PowerG sensors.

It would not work with any Qolsys/Alarm.com Image Sensors or older IQ Remote secondary panels.

A list of sensors tested compatible with the IQ Panel 4 can be found in the below guide. Only 319.5 and PowerG would be relevant.

It seems backup-restore is supported from IQ panel 1st can be migrated to IQ panel 2 plus, but not from gen 1 to panel 4. I am trying to decide whether to upgrade to panel 2 plus or panel 4.

We don’t currently have subscription with surety. Can we still do a backup-restore if choose panel 2 plus and add subscription?

If we choose panel 4, can the existing window sensors be added by opening and closing the window or need to bring the sensor close to the panel for re-programming?

Backup and restore is not an option in this case. We cannot get any data from your existing first gen IQ Panel, it cannot be activated on an account due to 3G cut-offs.

If we choose panel 4, can the existing window sensors be added by opening and closing the window or need to bring the sensor close to the panel for re-programming?

Alarm sensors do not need to be brought close to the panel. You can open the sensors to pair them while the panel is in auto-learn sensor mode.

Thanks.

We also have Hardware 16 and a repeater RE524X working with our current panel gen 1. Do you have instructions on re-programming the repeater RE524X and the Hardware 16 to the Panel 4?

When adding sensors, repeater, Hardware 16, smoke detectors, etc, do we need to remove them from the current panel gen 1 first, or we can add them to panel 4 without removing from panel gen 1?

For all wireless devices like the RE524X and the Hardwire 16 zones, enter the same Auto-Learn Sensor mode per the steps in the programming guide above and trip the zones one by one.

For the RE524X, follow enrollment steps in the guide here.

Since they are already configured on the Hardwire 16, you would just need to pair the zones with the panel and program them as the correct type based on what each one is used for. This is done by the sensor group selection. 10 for doors, 13 for windows, 17 for motion detectors.

The devices you have mentioned are all broadcast sensors that do not use two way RF communication. There is no need to remove them from the old panel first, you can just go ahead and add them to the new panel without changing the old panel. You can also use the old panel programming as a reference.