3.1 Updated Ok - Need weather pushed

Hi,

I went from 3.00 -> 3.02 -> 3.10 and all settings were copied up on upgrade, no issues.

A few questions:-

• Can you push the weather please
  • Is it recommend to avoid DHCP and give the panel a static IP ?
  • If the Network test passes for LAN/Internet/Backend is that all you need to do to ensure dual path is working ok ?
  • Whats the extent of the dual path i.e. what will go over the wifi, Alarm Notifications to CS, Z-Wave on/off from the app to the panel, Status info, weather
  • In fact can the panel work ok without the radio if Wifi is working (we have poor coverage in snow/heavy rain)
Can you push the weather please

Weather is pushed daily. This is likely already resolved, but we’ve gone ahead and sent that command just in case.

Is it recommend to avoid DHCP and give the panel a static IP ?

From our experience yes, a static IP appears to resolve a reported network connection issue.

If the Network test passes for LAN/Internet/Backend is that all you need to do to ensure dual path is working ok ?

Yes, the “Back-end” part tests the connection of your panel to the programmed remote service provider, in this case Alarm.com.

Whats the extent of the dual path i.e. what will go over the wifi, Alarm Notifications to CS, Z-Wave on/off from the app to the panel, Status info, weather

Dual path is concurrent broadband backup. All normal commands and signals are sent via both methods with limited exceptions. I believe only Image Sensors and Two Way Voice function solely on cell.

can the panel work ok without the radio if Wifi is working (we have poor coverage in snow/heavy rain)

You would see cellular radio connection errors, but yes, if using dual path your signals would be sent via both methods. Should cell fail, your panel would still be able to use broadband.