2GIG vs Qolsys

Hi, I currently have a 2Gig GC3e system with a secondary panel, a bunch of smokes, CO, motion and door/window sensors. Our house is currently under construction and I had to remove a bunch of sensors and the main panel, so I was just thinking - what is the consensus between 2GIG and Qolsys? Is it worth switching to Qolsys since I have to re-install anyway? What are the pros and cons?

Thank you,
David

Well, it looks like I would be able to use my 2GIG sensors (will the Qolsys IQ Panel 4 adopt the encrypted 2GIG sensors?) - so it comes down to the panel and secondary panel…is it worth the upgrade from the GC3e to the IQ Panel 4?

Thanks!

I found the support from 2gig to be horrible. Especially after a few years after the initial,launch of a panel.

Notice how Surety doesn’t really sell 2gig products anymore but could if they wanted to

I converted to Qolsys IQ4 and am very happy with my decision.

I am not sure if IQ4 can learn in 2gig encrypted sensors. I know they can learn in non encrypted. Power G sensors are encrypted and outperform encrypted 2gig sensors and can be programmed in. Here is a link to comparable sensors https://dealers.qolsys.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/IQ4-RF-Compatible.pdf

I posted this as well which may give you further insight.

U can use ur exsiting sensors with the new Iq 4 just make sure to get the 345 vers one big advantage 1st ur panel is no longer even made by 2gig so support like cellular modules will soon fade away and updates and 2 the IQ panel is a lot better than the 2gig better for home automation

May want to double check if encrypted 2gg sensors can be programmed into the iq4. Only the non encrypted model numbers are listed on the comparability list

May want to double check if encrypted 2gg sensors can be programmed into the iq4

They are not compatible. Only the unencrypted 2GIG models will work with the 345Mhz IQ Panel 4