2Gig to Qolsys upgrade/conversion

Aha, I think I see what is wrong here. The manual does not indicate this, but both zones are active at once. The panel will receive the open from either one, but the reed switch needs to be closed for the wired input to open, which means the sensor’s magnet must be closing the reed switch. Any luck with that?

I have to say, the entire void of accurate documentation on these sensors is a bit frustrating. I understand that the documentation may not be for “homeowners” and be more complicated, but the fact is that there is an entire lack of documentation the use of this AUX input.

What you are saying would make sense of the 2 sensor inputs (reed switch + AUX) were wired in a series, and the AUX came with a jumper in place…as then whichever input “opens” would break the loop and trigger the event.

In actually working with the sensor using the 5150 it has been so unpredictable, it seems like each time I try to test with it I get different results. Previously the reed which would operate when I had the AUX “closed”, but the AUX itself wasn’t reliable for triggering an “open”…in fact I was never able to get the 5150 to trigger an open, including when hitting it directly with a mallet. I gave up, had unpaired it and it has sat for a couple of days.

Today I pair it again, the 5150 has been connected for “some time” now…and now the reed switch accepts no input (it never opens), however the 5150 does work. So perhaps it is that you need to remove the batteries from the QS1137, connect the AUX and then place the batteries back in…as perhaps it changes which input it is watching based on if the AUX is “open” or “closed” on initialization? It seems that if AUX is “open” on initialization, the reed switch is active…if the AUX is “closed” then it becomes the active input.

Perhaps I will test my theory when I get some more time/patience to deal with this, as I find the lack of documentation to be entirely frustrating.

Today I pair it again, the 5150 has been connected for “some time” now…and now the reed switch accepts no input (it never opens), however the 5150 does work. So perhaps it is that you need to remove the batteries from the QS1137, connect the AUX and then place the batteries back in…as perhaps it changes which input it is watching based on if the AUX is “open” or “closed” on initialization? It seems that if AUX is “open” on initialization, the reed switch is active…if the AUX is “closed” then it becomes the active input.

Perhaps I will test my theory when I get some more time/patience to deal with this, as I find the lack of documentation to be entirely frustrating.

I understand the frustration. We will do some testing on this and report back to confirm the operation.

For anyone else that encounters this, it does seem you need to have the auxiliary input connected/closed prior to installing the battery. At that time it will disable the magnetic reed switch and only use the auxiliary input.

So far the 2 QS1137 are working fine with my 5150 shock detectors, I just hope they never have to “work” outside of testing. At least my highest threat door is now protected again, even if it did result in having to have 2 door mounted sensors (one for glass shock, one for door open/close).