2GIG GC3

Does anyone know if the new panel will be backwards compatible with my current 2GIG sensors and z-wave devices?Remote TS1 panels or will new ones be released to work with the GC3

My understanding is that the TS1’s will not be compatible

But the sensors and z-wave devices should be compatable?

Would be great if you could download the settings and upload them to the new panel for those that want to upgrade.

Hope that they make some sub panels to replace the TS-1 that will work with the GC3

I hear this new panel is coming out in 2025.

HA! At this rate, I think you are right! This has got to be one of the most delayed product releases of all time!!!

That being said, any updates, Ryan?

No comment on a release timeline. I will say that I’m happy with the recent progress 2GIG has made and the prototypes look great. It feels like they’ve worked out the kinks from the Linear acquisition and are moving forward.

I have installed 8 of the new Honeywell Lyric panels for their beta program. Its a nice 7 inch touch screen, it has new Six Series’s sensor that have a transceiver built into them which communicate battery information and signal strength to the main panel, also their supposed to be takeover proof in which they are locked into that panel and can only be released by the dealer code in programming. The 5800 series sensors can be used as well. You can view your cameras on the touchscreen. Its very responsive touchscreen. The only issue is it take about 35 to 45 minutes to update its firmware at this point and you cant do anything while the panel is doing its update. The other issue is its back end— Total Connect 2 still has a ways to go to get in the same league as alarm.com. Honeywell engineers need to stop making everything rocket science and actually have a normal person give them some feed back to make TC2 more user friendly. They have a new alarmnet 360 which is their new back end which is a combination of Compass and Alarmnet

Will SuretyDIY offer any kind of op-up program for owners of a GC2-345? Recent purchasers (90-days?) of a GC2? Am considering getting a GC system for my office but would like to consider an opportunity to upgrade to the new panel once it becomes available.

Not at this time.

First post here! I’d really like to see Apple HomeKit Siri integration with the GC3. Hope to be able to pick up GC3 soon and install my first GC3! It sounds like it should be right around the corner.

We are excited for the release as well. We are looking forward to 2GIG releasing concrete details on the panel features.

I have installed 8 of the new Honeywell Lyric panels for their beta program. Its a nice 7 inch touch screen, it has new Six Series’s sensor that have a transceiver built into them which communicate battery information and signal strength to the main panel, also their supposed to be takeover proof in which they are locked into that panel and can only be released by the dealer code in programming. The 5800 series sensors can be used as well. You can view your cameras on the touchscreen. Its very responsive touchscreen. The only issue is it take about 35 to 45 minutes to update its firmware at this point and you cant do anything while the panel is doing its update. The other issue is its back end— Total Connect 2 still has a ways to go to get in the same league as alarm.com. Honeywell engineers need to stop making everything rocket science and actually have a normal person give them some feed back to make TC2 more user friendly. They have a new alarmnet 360 which is their new back end which is a combination of Compass and Alarmnet

So many questions on the new Lyric security system, but initially, do you know if the system integrates with Homekit?

new Six Series’s sensor that have a transceiver built into them which communicate battery information and signal strength to the main panel, also their supposed to be takeover proof in which they are locked into that panel and can only be released by the dealer code in programming.
The other issue is its back end— Total Connect 2 still has a ways to go to get in the same league as alarm.com
They have a new alarmnet 360 which is their new back end which is a combination of Compass and Alarmnet

Proprietary and locked down panel and sensors. Primitive backend. Overpriced long term contractual obligations… pretty much a non starter for a DIYer. Why is this even posted in the GC3 thread?

We love hearing comparisons between 2GIG/Alarm.com and competitors like Honeywell but they should go in a different topic than this one. Consider posting here:

Will the new GC3 system directly support integration with the Lutron RadioRA 2 lighting, temp and Shade system? If so, we would definitely spec this panel.

What makes this system great to integrate with is the ability to lock lights on when alarm goes off at full level, ability to turn lights on low in smoke alarm situation (given that low level lighting is best for seeing through smoke), ability to raise blinds in alarm situation, but there are also a ton of convenience features like automatically lower blinds and turning off lights when arming the system for exit, change mode to away to randomize lights upon leaving when system arms, ability to use the panel as a really nice keypad, etc.

As I understand it, there are several methods of integration:

1. Control through direct connection with RS-232 or IP using the integration protocol ( http://www.lutron.com/technicaldocum...ary/040249.pdf )
  2. Control through the RR-VCRX dry contact system ( http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...20Security.pdf )
  3. Possibly connect through the new Lutron Connect Bridge that sits on the network along with the main repeater (details aren't fully solidified, but I could connect 2GIG folks to the product Lutron people tweaking what the system does)
  4. Connect through Alarm.com, which I assume is supported by the GC3. This option isn't as good because there are a lot of failure points with multiple network types used by multiple providers. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work if the Internet to the home was cut or was otherwise down, if there were an issue with the GC3's cell connection, etc. However, it might have some nice benefits provided there was a local-only way to connect and control the systems. At any rate, here's some info on it ( https://alarmadmin.alarm.com/Docs/Lu...tion_Guide.pdf ). I sent a request to become a dealer with 2GIG, while I am an alarm.com dealer and Lutron certified

Thanks so much, and I’m really excited by the possibilities with this system! I hope it is as good as it sounds!

2GIG has published some initial info on the GC3. You can find it here.

When can we pick one up?

There is no official date of availability yet through suretyDIY.

Any availability info yet on the GC3 through SuretyCam??