2GIG GC3-SP2

OK, here it is:

Interesting, thanks for the link! I do wonder the differences between the GC3 and SP2 then. If the SP2 does use an Android 6 kit, the GC3 couldn’t be, was in development since long before that. Released before 6 as well I think.

I feel like with the operational differences it does strike me as more of a shoe-horn style, mimicking the GC3 controls and scheme rather than matching. (The SP1 on the other hand is identical software and control afaik)

The SP2 is indeed a tablet inside the case. Prior 2GIG equipment has not used Android that I am aware but it does look like the SP2 is in fact Android 6.

Does anyone know what type of firmware cable/card is required to upgrade the 2GIG-sp2-GC3? its not standard USB or micro usb.

First impression that its very laggy for the software that it runs and desperately needs a firmware upgrade.

I’m running version

<vindicated> Still waiting for SP1 as the SP2 is a piece of junk </vindicated>

Does anyone know what type of firmware cable/card is required to upgrade the 2GIG-sp2-GC3? its not standard USB or micro usb.

It is a micro usb. On the rear of the device across from the power input.

I had a similar issue, with the SP2 constantly disconnecting from wifi. Strangely, if I tried to reconnect to the network, it would give me an message saying I typed an incorrect password (even though I confirmed multiple times the password was correct). If I rebooted the device or if I manually entered the wifi network it would connect, but only for a short while before disconnecting (The SP2 was about 10 feet-line of sight away from my router so signal strength was not the issue).

My solution to this problem was to provide the SP2 with a static IP from my router. Upon doing so I have not had a single disconnection issue.

It does seem strange and is somewhat concerning that 2Gig would release such a buggy product…

Strangely, if I tried to reconnect to the network, it would give me an message saying I typed an incorrect password (even though I confirmed multiple times the password was correct).

I have seen this issue as well, when first attempting to connect an SP2. Two failed authentication responses in a row, (with correct credentials) then a successful connection and have not seen problems with network connection since.

It is possibly related to DHCP, so setting address reservation may likely help.

I had static IP assignments for both the GC3 and the SP2 from the get-go. I do that for all ‘infrastructure’ network clients in our house. This was not the issue. Disabling IPv6 and Router Advertising is what resolved the situation and is consistent with many reports of IPv6 related issues with Android devices.

I had static IP assignments for both the GC3 and the SP2 from the get-go. I do that for all ‘infrastructure’ network clients in our house. This was not the issue

We understand, we have not noticed issues with continued usage in our own testing. Only during first connection to a network. This is assumed to be an unrelated issue. IPV6 has been always disabled in our test environment.

Since GC3 v3.1 has just been released, is there a new firmware release for the SP2?

Thank you

Since GC3 v3.1 has just been released, is there a new firmware release for the SP2?

There is no update yet for the SP2. No ETA is available yet.

I also have the same sluggish code entry issue others have experienced. It only happens when I’m disarming after an armed entry, though. It’s about a 1 second delay between entries. If I’m arming stay or away it accepts my input as you’d expect.

My best guess as to what’s happening: I suspect the secondary panel is polling the parent-paired-panel on each keypress to validate the user code. This is clearly not necessary until the 4th digit is entered, and the delay is this validation check. It’s a logic error…

It only happens when I’m disarming after an armed entry, though. It’s about a 1 second delay between entries.

I do not recall seeing this, we will do some testing and see if we can replicate this scenario.

I have the same experience as well. However, I do not believe the system is validating each entry but believe it has to do with the panel receiving signal from the main panel that the system is still armed and to continue beeping.

For instance, the delay seems to only occur when the panel is performing a beep. If you just continue to press all numbers for your code they will still be entered but will be a slight delay in displaying this input on the panel.

Through testing, I can confirm what you are experiencing. Disarming from an armed entry creates a delay in the SP2 displaying the code as you enter it. It does not appear to prevent you from entering the code in successive order, the panel just needs a moment to catch up on displaying the numbers.

This appears to only happen when the system is armed and a sensor is tripped. If you disarm from the SP2 without tripping a sensor, no delay seems to occur.

Correct. The keypad seems to operate in a synchronous to the beeping sound that occurs when you tripped a sensor upon entry from an ‘away’ status. Its as if somewhere in the code they didn’t spawn the thread to for the audio generation but instead spawn it as a foreground thread causing it to interchange with the main application screen / keypad thread. Seems like a minute software issue that should have been resolved in early development given the commonality of this use case.

My money is that the entire panel was developed by a third party from ‘spec’ on top of an android emulator and that they never had a fully working system on-site to test its kinks through true usage. This would explain a situation where they never encountered the beeping sound as they may have not included a ‘sensor trip’ event in their test cases.

Just a nerd trying to rationalize the obvious…

Is there anyway to change the chime/tones on the SP2 panel to match the main panel?

The SP2 chimes cannot be edited at this time.