2gig gc3 panel

Has the GC3 panel been orphaned? A firmware update is overdue. It seems that the firmware update for this product will never come. And even though this product has many features that are currently working, it was the idea of future enhancements provided through firmware updates that sold me on this product. I feel cheated that I spent this amount of money for a product that appears incomplete. Any way to have public oppinion to help encourage the company to push thru to a firmware release?

Has the GC3 panel been orphaned? A firmware update is overdue.

No, it has not. Firmware release is looking to be on par with the GC2. 2GIG does not tend to release small frequent updates.

Any way to have public oppinion to help encourage the company to push thru to a firmware release?

We always share the sentiment of our users with product manufacturers. User suggestions are one of the best ways that new features get implemented. We’ve been following up with 2GIG on the GC3 firmware questions and I cannot speak to any specifics, but I would anticipate a chunk of updates in the first release. We anticipate it to be fairly soon. I had originally expected fall release, but that would actually be a little quick considering the amount of development and testing that will be going into it.

2GIG does a lot of due diligence in these updates. It’s important to make sure updates net only positive effects.