2gig edge controller siren not working

Hi,

A few nights ago the alarm was triggered in the middle of the night and the Siren did not play…it caused the police department to knock on my door (I leave my phone on mute at night)

I used the test feature and when playing it does not sound…I restarted the controller and same luck. Do you have any suggestions?

Also, are the secondary panels also supposed to play the siren when there is an alarm triggered? mine do not…is there a setting that I am missing?

Thanks,
Felipe

There is a disable sounder option in settings under the tests section that allows you to disable the siren temporarily.

You can also set the siren to remain off after 2-Way Voice in settings. It looks like you have this enabled. It is Q106

If you test an alarm now, how do the sounders behave on the panel and secondary panels?

Hi Jason

I did not disable the siren using that option.

Modified Q106 and still no luck

I tested the alarm, by arming the system and opening a window…I only audio feedback was voice on the panel, no Siren on main or secondary panels.

I can test the Siren on secondary panels and it makes sound.

Any other suggestions/ideas?

Thanks

I’m not aware of any other setting that would completely halt siren activation. When you opened the window, an alarm did register on the panel, correct? The siren just did not sound?

Have you tried power cycling that panel? Power down the main panel for at least 20 minutes. After, boot it back up and test again.

How long is the power cable for the panel?

Did the siren ever work on that panel?

1. Correct, alarm registers but siren does not play…on main panel nor secondary panels (is it supposed to play on secondaries?, is there a setting?)

2. tried … no improvement

3. I would say 9 -10 feet… tried also on battery, no luck.

4. yes, the siren used to work

any more ideas?

Thanks,
Felipe

is it supposed to play on secondaries?, is there a setting?

Yes, it should sound. No, I am not aware of any other settings which might halt all siren activation on the panel or keypads. This sounds like a bug.

Can we push a firmware update? Your panel appears to be on launch firmware.

yes please…push an update
Thanks

Alright that is being sent via broadband. Please ensure your panel remains powered on. It should be complete within 20 minutes to an hour usually.

I think it did not work…the panel was on tamper…may have to send it again …unless it keeps trying

Your panel reports that it is successfully updated on the new firmware.

it did…and no luck…whats next? contact 2gig? thanks

I reported the issue to 2GIG and there doesn’t seem to be any other potential known cause.

2GIG believes this is likely a warranty replacement for the panel. 2520522 is a case number which you can provide to the vendor where you purchased the Edge panel. They would need to process a warranty.

Apparently I have to ship the panel back to Nortek…do you know if I should ship it with the SIM Card or not? also how long does it take to get a replacement back?

Thanks, Felipe.

do you know if I should ship it with the SIM Card or not? also how long does it take to get a replacement back?

Questions regarding your warranty return would need to be directed to the vendor where the Edge panel was purchased. They’ll be able to instruct you on their policy, where to return items, updates and ETAs.

In general though, you should not remove the SIM.

Hi, I received the replacement panel…is possible to upload a configuration backup to it? Also the new one probably needs to be attached to surety…what is the process?

Thanks,
Felipe

The 2GIG Edge is not compatible with Alarm.com backup restore options at this time. Unfortunately we cannot send any panel backup. Devices would need to be added individually.

To swap the panel associated with your account, visit the system manager here and expand the Swap Cellular Module/Panel section. Follow the steps there to get connected. The new panel may take about 10-20 minutes for all initial communication to complete.

Understood…
I wonder if you can push a firmware update to the panel…I have the feeling I am not on the last one.
Thanks,
Felipe

Sure, sending an OTA over broadband now. These usually complete within about 20-30 minutes.