2GIG Edge as secondary controller

Can the 2GIG Edge be used as a secondary controller? I do not see Learn Controller anywhere. Am I just missing something or has that capability been removed?

Similar to prior limitations, I believe the Edge can only be added as a Secondary controller. You can see an old thread of how this works with a 2GIG GC2 here.

That’s what I want to do, use Edge as secondary, but I cannot find the learn in the Edge.

You should just be able to use Add Device on the Edge after putting the primary controller in inclusion mode.

I put the Verasecure in inclusion mode by pressing Select on the front until Zwave led is slow blinking. Then I press Sync once. Supposedly verasecure is now in inclusion mode. Add device on 2gig Edge goes into Listening. Finds nothing. Did I do something wrong? I’ve restarted verasecure before doing this. Verasecure is within three feet of Edge.

We did some testing with Smartthings and haven’t had any luck with inclusion as a secondary controller. It may not be possible on the Edge at this time.

We just moved into a new home and purchased a 2Gig Edge panel. I have an existing Z-Wave network via HomeAssistant and wanted to add the Edge panel as a secondary controller.

Unfortunately I just found this from the official Z-Wave Alliance docs for the 2GIG Edge panel: “This product (2GIG-EDG-NA) does not support secondary controller functionality.”

Source: Product Network Management Instructions

Wonder if there’s any way to get product feedback to the 2Gig team? Seems like this is something that in theory could be addressed via firmware update, but I’m not holding my breath…

Z-wave certification used to require support for secondary controllers from what I understand, but that certification requirement was removed and many manufacturers no longer support it.

You can always email 2GIG with the request, but I do think it is unlikely to change unless there is a ton of demand.