2GIG-CO8-345 install issue

Hello all, I replaced an expired CO3 with a CO8 a few months ago but have not been able to get it connected to my panel. Panel still shows loss of supervision. I double checked the TX ID.

The CO8 also doesn’t have any lights that blink. It blinks each light once when I put it on the wall (“turn it on”) but nothing after that. Not sure if this is normal. If I hold the test button for a second it does chirp.

Thanks!

Device ID 18 is showing Malfunction, which indicates the sensor is not communicating. How far from the panel is the sensor?

Under normal operation, the LED should be green. The LED will flash amber 1, 2, or 3 times to indicate specific faults.

Can you check the sensor to ensure that it is a 2GIG-CO8-345 and not a 2GIG-CO8E-345? Records show the legacy version was purchased and sent but it wouldnt hurt to double check.

If you have not done so, remove the sensor from programming and check the batteries to ensure they are charged and within their printed date code. Then reprogram the sensor.

Thanks Tyler. Confirmed it is a CO8 not CO8E.

I reprogrammed it and it’s maybe ok now. I learned in the code instead of inputting it manually; the code was different form what I saw on the tag so maybe I was looking at the wrong thing.

Remaining question though, after a red-orange-green flash on boot I still see no lights, not even intermittent flashing.

Under normal operation, the LED should be green

So is no lights a concern?

The malfunction on the CO8 has resolved in ADC at this time.

Under normal operation, the LED should be green

So is no lights a concern?

Apologies, the internal documentation I have is slightly off on that. I just confirmed with 2GIG, the led should flash green periodically but not be lit constantly. So you arent seeing any flashing whatsover? Im told it should be roughly once a minute

I just did a staring contest with it, at least 90 seconds with no flashing. The panel is not complaining now though so maybe it’s ok.

If the LED is not flashing green at all, then it may be experiencing some type of hardware failure. I would recommend getting it replaced. I have sent you PM regarding the return process with some personal details