2gig alarm malfunction

Alright thanks. I’ll report back when I get the new ones in.

So I want to thank everyone that chimed in here. I think I finally understand what was going on with the system. The upstairs motion detector I adjusted to make sure that the vent is no longer visible to the sensor. I get now that the heat momentarily turned on and tripped the sensor and even though the dashboard on alarm.com showed it was only active for two minutes I get why it does that now. I adjusted the degree of the sensor for upstairs. I have now replaced the honeywell unit in the family room with a 2gig pir-1-345. The only issue I’m seeing now is that it won’t pop up as active on the dashboard for alarm.com I haven’t tried tripping the alarm in the family room on purpose yet but I have tested it to ensure I have the coverage I need in the family room. The notifications do pop up when the sensor is tampered. But it won’t pop up as active while we’re sitting here watching TV or anything. Any suggestions? Again, thanks to everyone who continues to help me.

Honestly, I think it was sunlight causing thermal changes upstairs and downstairs that was triggering your motions (but vents may have played a part also)

As for notifications it depends on how you programmed, and if monitoring is enabled on ADC (and assuming you have the correct loop 1). Go with zone type 04

You need to go into walk test and verify motions are operating properly.

A battery operated motion detector will not continue to activate with continuous motion typically due to power save features to prevent unnecessary battery usage.

A battery operated motion detector will not continue to activate with continuous motion typically due to power save features to prevent unnecessary battery usage.
The notifications do pop up when the sensor is tampered. But it won’t pop up as active while we’re sitting here watching TV or anything. Any suggestions?

Activated notifications on panel should show every 2-3 min or so (if motion detected), then clear (not latch). If they do not, or they latch, and/or ADC doesn’t show “activated”, then check your programming and/or ADC sensor tab activity monitoring options as suggested above. You can also set panel to announce activation by setting zone type 04 interior follower motion sensor zone chime to “voice”

On panel (non latching):

On ADC (activity monitoring):

Looks like the sensor just needed some time after initial installation or something. My wife left the house this morning for work and it looks like everything is working properly. I moved the sensor to that corner you suggested Riven and did my walk and rf test per the instructions. Looks like everything is good to go everyone. Thanks so much for your help.

Now I just wish there was a way to test the glass break sensor I received. Or should I just assume it works the way it should? I know it picks up thuds and large bumps the way it should because I tested it. Tried playing some glass breaking sounds on my phone and got no pickup of the sensors. Even when the speaker for my phone was right next to the sensor.

Depending on the model of Glass Break Detector, there will be varying degrees of false alarm protection and sensitivity. The 2GIG GB1 is generally sensitive. The Honeywell 5853 is adjustable.

Testing is similar across models, some just require less sophistication. (The GB1 can be set off pretty easily with keys and a stomp.)

A thread discussing testing options is found here.

Now I just wish there was a way to test the glass break sensor I received

FYI glass breaks suck, and are very easy to defeat with a $5 roll of duct tape. Better off with a DW10 and shock sensor.

They do make GB testers, but they are not cheap.

You can try keys, or dog barks… but the way I would do it (if I was to use them, which I wont), is to go to a dollar store, buy a few (two for each installed GB) $1 drinking glasses or vases, etc, get a small box…something like the free Medium USPS flate rate box at your local Post Office (top open, sealing only bottom tight at flaps with packing tape to contain broken glass fragments), and place the box near sliding glass door/window you want to simulate a break on, and then literally break the glass in the open box with a hammer, (hitting it multiple times for good measure).

If the sound of real glass breaking where your actual glass is doesn’t trigger the GB, then you have a problem.

Good idea. I might give that a shot. I bought a 2gig GB just for an added layer of protection. I figured if someone wanted to get in the house they would break the sliding glass door on the deck and just walk in. Didn’t realize they weren’t that great. We have DW10’S installed on all exterior doors. I saw the video of attaching the shock sensor to them. Maybe I’ll take up that little mini project.