2G Phasing Out

I was just informed by AT&T that they plan to phase out 2G service in my area. I suspect, my 2gig controller will somehow have to be updated to 3G or 4G, right? Is this something you can help me with?

2G service is starting to phase out all over the country. In order to keep your system communicating properly, you’ll need to upgrade to a 3G cellular communicator for your panel.

First thing’s first, you’ll need to make sure you have a firmware version new enough to use the 3G cards. The Verizon cards require at least 1.9.5 and the AT&T cards require at least 1.9.6. You can check the firmware version on your panel by going into the user or installer menu and select Version.

If you need to update your firmware, you will need to get a 2GIG update cable. We carry those here.

We also carry both Verizon and AT&T 3G modules.

Once your firmware is up to date and you have the new module installed, you will need to inform us and we can get things setup on the back-end. After that, all you need to do is run a cell phone test and you should be good to go.