ISC West 2014

2GIG GC3 Panel

Alarm.com SVR (streaming video recorder) (what the rest of the world refers to as a DVR, or if you’re a little posh, NVR).

The web user interface for the SVR viewing saved 24/7 continuous video.

Alarm.com app running on a smart watch! This probably won’t be available any time soon and I don’t even like wearing a watch but still this is bad ass!

Any word if the current 2GIG panel will receive any of the new interface tweaks via a software update?

Also, can you help me understand what functionality I would gain by adding the network module to my existing 2GIG panel?

Thanks!

I have no idea what interface tweaks the existing Go!Control panel will get via firmware updates.

The IP bridge will get you lower latency on remote commands and communication redundancy. A remote command that normally takes 10 seconds or so via cellular will typically take just a few seconds via IP, depending on your Internet connection. All alarms and commands are sent via both cellular and broadband so if one communication path goes down the system can still communicate via the other.

Thanks Ryan. Any word on pricing or availability timeline for the IP bridge?

Nope, not yet.

I’m glad to see the bridge is now available! Have we heard anything new about the SVR and GC3 lately?

The word is “soon”… As soon as we get ahold of either, they’ll be up on the site.

The IP Bridge is awesome and the speed increase never gets old, the new GC3 looks sweet! Hoping it is in before a new project coming next year.

The SVR and Pebble Smartwatch app LOOK AWESOME! :smiley: Got a Pebble and glad Alarm.com is working on an app for it.

The ADC SVR should be available soon. We’ve been beta testing a few of them for what seems like forever now. I hope they’re not waiting for ISC West 2015!

We've been beta testing a few of them for what seems like forever now

Cool. Without breeching the terms of any NDA, can you answer any of the following?

• Can you access/manage local recordings from the ADC mobile app?
  • What is capacity/recording duration?
  • Does is have any network utilization beyond when you are accessing video remotely?
  • Does it work with both the 2GIG and the ADC cameras?

Thanks!

Can you access/manage local recordings from the ADC mobile app?

Yes, you can view SVR video with the ADC mobile apps.

What is capacity/recording duration?

The one I’m looking at has a 1TB hard drive. I think they’re planning to have 2 or 3 sizes available and I think you might be able to have multiple SVRs on the same system, not sure though.

Does is have any network utilization beyond when you are accessing video remotely?

There is constant local network utilization but the Internet is only used when you’re viewing remotely or an event is being uploaded to Alarm.com.

Does it work with both the 2GIG and the ADC cameras?

It currently only works with ADC cameras.

Hope we hear something on the gc3 panel soon! I have until late April or May before we move into our new home. Hope to buy the new panel for new home.

We are hoping so too! As soon as we hear, we’ll update here.

It is amazing how slow to release 2Gig has been with the GC3! Has it been almost a year since it was first announced? Trying to wait patiently!! :wink:

You think thats slow, the Interlogix Advisor has been in development for 3 years now, and it still does not have a radio or a z wave card