GC3 Panel Reboot

Can you take a look and see if you see any issues with my panel? if the system is disarmed you will randomly hear the panel reboot.

Any updates on firmware updates? I see references of 3.0.1 and also 3.1

How often are you seeing the panel reboot -or- are you just hearing “System Disarmed, Ready to Arm?” Are you getting the white screen with the progress bar when it reboots?

Any time programming is done, the system will reboot and give you the System Disarmed notification. You can also get this notification whenever the security process resets.

While I do not see the panel rebooting in the history, I do see Malfunction Events related to the Remote Temperature Sensors (They are not compatible with the GC3 at this time).

Any updates on firmware updates?
I spoke with 2GIG today and there is no release date yet for new firmware.

you randomly hearing “System Disarmed, Ready to Arm?”

how do i get notifications for it?

The panel will play the message “System Disarmed, Ready to Arm” when the panel powers down then powers on (or reboots), when you exit programming mode at the panel it will play this message as well. It can also do this whenever the security program running on the panel needs to reset. All these instances can cause this message to play.

Is this the message you are hearing randomly and if so are you actually seeing the panel power down then power up? How often has it been doing this and for how long?

it is very random! Sitting in the other room I randomly hear it, no one is near the panel.

It has been doing it since I installed the panel, it is very random, sometimes daily.

Next time you hear it, can you note the time and let us know? We can match it to the back-end history to see if the cause can be identified.

Just looking through the history I do not see any resets.

yep sure can :slight_smile:

Thanks

@Jason,

The panel just rebooted 6/27/16 at 12:46 or 12:47 PM EST.

Strange, I’m actually not seeing anything in the ADC history regarding that. Do you see any alerts or events in your panel history from that time?

nope none at all

Now, did you see the panel boot screen?

Keep in mind the panel will announce status during a few different circumstances:

Programming time-out, status checked, save programming changes, exit out of programming without saving changes, reboot.

If a reboot occurs, you would see the boot screen, a white screen with progress bar.

A similar question was brought up recently regarding a 2GIG GC2 panel, but in your case there are literally no commands/status/signals at or around the time you reported, so it’s unlikely to be related.

Have you made any programming changes today or gone into panel programming at all?

the panel has only been touched once today an that was to disarm

Any further incidents regarding this?

not recently that i have noticed!

Any update on the firmware? :wink:

Still no solid date of release for firmware

How about a guess? Can’t believe I paid the money I did for the GC3 and most of the functionality is not available.

pdobrien3 I hear ya! Same here!

2GIG is extremely tight lipped when it comes to these things, and any guess wouldn’t be based off any real details. (Or, if anything, the optimism of 2GIG sales team)

I’d wager before the end of the year. GC2 updates tend to have 6 months to a year in between, so I would assume the same span for GC3.